According to Constant Contact Small Biz Survey, small business owners faces personal challenges, including lack of time for themselves and for family and friends. Here’s what they found:
- 66% of small business owners are concerned about finding new customers
- 55% are concerned about having enough time to do everything they need to do
- 40% of small business owners are concerned about retaining existing customers
- 32% of small business owners are concerned about paying bills
- 30% of small business owners are concerned about keeping up with technology advances
The overall message? The rewards far outweigh the challenges: 84 percent say if they had it to do all over again, they would still choose to run a small business.
Small business owners wear many hats. And almost all of them do some form of marketing for themselves. However, when it comes to marketing their businesses, many are self-taught. But some don’t consider themselves marketing savvy. For this reason, support from marketing tools and vendors are are even more important.
In fact, less than half consider themselves marketing savvy. With a low nine percent feel they are extremely marketing savvy.