Video marketing is not a new concept. However, how important video has become on every channel and platform is new.
While video marketing should be included in your marketing mix, videos are paramount for your social strategy.
Video has commanded its place on social.
To express just how important video has become online, we’ve compiled a list of the latest video marketing trends from around the world.
Smart marketers should beware that video is here to stay. Even Google believes video marketing is the future of content marketing. The volume of online video content is growing rapidly, as these statistics show.
- People are 1.5 times more likely to watch video on their mobile phones. (Facebook)
- 72% of customers would rather learn about a product or service by way of video. (HubSpot)
- A Facebook executive predicted that their platform will be all video and no text by 2021. (Quartz)
- By 2022, online videos will make up more than 82% of all consumer internet traffic. This is 15 times higher than it was in 2017. (Cisco)
Video Marketing Statistics
Don’t just take our word for it. Take a look at these mind-blowing statistics. Clearly, they indicate the power of using video in your marketing.
- Having a video on your landing page can increase your conversion rate by as much as 80%. (Unbounce)
- Videos attract 300% more traffic and aids in lead nurturing. (MarketingSherpa)
- A whopping 85% of consumers want to see more video content from their favorite brands. (HubSpot)
- Videos in emails can increase click rates by 300%. (HubSpot)
Video Marketing Best Practices
Video marketing can be a powerful tool. But, only if you keep a few things in mind during your video marketing campaign planning.
It’s not always a good idea to have your videos on autoplay. In fact, Chrome blocks autoplay ads. This is done to appease the 82% of consumers who dislike autoplay. And, videos under two minutes long get better engagement.
There’s a uniqueness between Facebook and Instagram videos. Most Facebook videos are watched without sound, while Instagram users watch with sound on.
While there are a few precautions you should take, basically, keep it short and no autoplay. Most users are not averse to being marketed with video. But, many small businesses don’t have the budget, time, or ability to create videos.
That’s where Envisager Studio can help. We can create marketing videos for your business that your audience craves. From explainer to ads videos and more. Get in touch today!
You may also enjoy reading: SEO Friendly Website Design That Google Will Love