According to Net Marketshare, 72.38% web traffic originated from Google between November 2019 to September 2020. Therefore, advance SEO strategies should be implemented for website best performance in search results.
Advance SEO strategies allows your website to stay current with changing search trends. So, to help make your business future ready, here are tips to drive organic website traffic.
1. Visual Element Tips To Drive Organic Website Traffic
It has become increasingly difficult to engage users with just textual content. And with people’s attention span decreasing, visuals must also be a part of your content. Plus, given that 65% of people are visual learners, having accompanying visuals make sense. Some examples of visual content include videos, infographic, and images.
2. Advance SEO Strategies Include Page Speed
Page speed should be a top priority for any website designer. And yet, there are a plethora of slow loading sites on the internet. But to be fair, this isn’t always the website designer’s fault. Because in addition to clean code, the type of hosting services plays a huge role as well.
Google made page speed for desktop a ranking factor way back in 2010. And in 2018, Google made mobile indexing first a priority and using mobile page speed as a ranking factor. There are a number of things you can do to improve your site’s page speed such as:
- Optimize images for web – Even if you’re using images from a print design, optimize for web before uploading. Optimization can be done via Adobe Photoshop in addition to using image compression plugins.
- 301 redirects – While no site owner wants the dreaded ‘page not found’ result, excessive 301 redirects impacts site speed. Because the browser is redirected from one page to another, 301 redirects decreases your site speed.
3. Use Advance SEO Strategies For Mobile Optimization
Over the past several years, mobile phone and internet plans are more reasonably priced. Hence, the dramatic increase in mobile device usage. But unfortunately, many websites are still not mobile-friendly.
To optimize your site for mobile devices, page speed, site structure, and design must be improved. Here are a few ways to make your site mobile friendly for both users and search engines:
- Optimize meta description and title
- Responsive web design
- Optimize for local searches
4. Use Long-Tail Keywords To Drive Organic Website Traffic
A website design agency would want to rank on the keyword ‘website design’. But it’s difficult to rank on just one or two words which are dominated by big brands.
Using long-tail keywords is an ideal solution to avoid competition and driving relevant traffic. For instance, your business may better benefit if a person searches ‘best website design agency in San Diego’.
5. Link Building Strategies Can Improve SEO
Even if you’ve been writing blog posts for years, getting external backlinks is difficult. And search engines use this signal to establish the popularity of a website. But since black hat SEO is still practiced, search engines use different indicators to determine the value of external links. Some of these indicators and metrics include:
- Anchor text used in the link.
- Ownership relationship between target domains and source.
- Trustworthiness of the linking domain.
- The number of root domains that link to the target page.
- Popularity of the linking page.
- The relevancy of the content between the target page and the source page.
- Number of links to the same page on the source page.
You may also enjoy reading: Clean Web Design Is Like Having A Clean Office