Why should businesses blog where there are so many ways to promote yourself, your business, products and services on the Internet. The top social media sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus are great, but so is your own business website blog! Did you know that businesses that blog have more search engine traffic? It’s true, and the reason is because businesses that blog usually will have about 97% more inbound links than those that don’t blog.
There are a multitude of reasons why one or more members of a business should blog. A few more good reasons are:
- Promoting products, services, and policies. Sixty-one percent of consumers have made a purchase based on a blog post they read.
- Over 30% of consumers that use the Internet consider a brand’s blog to be the second most influential factor when it comes to making a purchase.
- Enhancing your company’s visibility. Seventy percent of consumers learn about a company through its blog versus ads.
- Humanizing your company.
- Building trust and credibility. At least sixty percent of consumers feel positive about a company after reading its blog.
- Establishing your business as experts in your industry.
So, you may be asking, who blogs? Well, most likely your customers and your competitors. According to the latest blogging statistics by Hubspot.com, a marketing software company, forty-six percent of people read blogs more than once per day. This statistic reveals that businesses that don’t blog are now in the minority.
It’s important to have a blog strategy in your marketing mix. Time after time, businesses that include a blog strategy quickly see individual posts being the number one entrance pages. Ever more, businesses are recognizing the value of their blogs.
Have we convinced you to start a business blog? What do you think about business blogging? Leave a comment and let us know.